- Inability to pass urine
- Difficulty starting or stopping urine flow
- Needing to urinate often, especially at night
- Weak urine flow
- Urine flow that starts and stops
- Pain or burning during urination
- Difficulty having an erection
- Blood in urine or semen
- Lower back, hip or upper thigh pain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Age – commonly in men older than 50
- Family history of prostate cancer
- Race – African American men have a higher incidence rate
- Being overweight
- Digital Rectal Exam – performed during physical examinations for men older than 50. Your doctor inserts a lubricated, gloved finger into the lower part of your rectum to feel the prostate for lumps or other abnormalities
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test – measures levels of PSA, an enzyme prostate cells produce
- Transrectal ultrasound — an ultrasound probe inserted into the rectum checks for prostate abnormalities. The probe passes sound waves off the prostate, and a computer creates a sonogram from the echoes
- Transrectal ultrasound with MRI — a 3-D image that more precisely identifies prostate tumors and pinpoints biopsy sites. The increased accuracy of this procedure means as many as one-third of patients may opt for surveillance and avoid surgery
- Transrectal biopsy – a needle inserted through the ultrasound probe into the prostate removes tissue samples from several different areas of the gland, which are examined for cancer cells
There are many ways International Healthcare Providers can help break down the barriers that may be preventing you from obtaining the best possible care today. We feel that everyone deserves the opportunity to obtain quality care when you need it. We go above and beyond for our patients, finding both well-established and innovative treatments internationally and often working with the best trained and most experienced medical professionals in their field.
We can help you even if your current healthcare providers have nothing more to offer you. We are committed to help you regain your good health to the best of our abilities by connecting you with an international specialist to re-review your case and recommend a course of treatment.
We will facilitate contact and visits to non-Canadian professional healthcare providers, or assist you in making travel arrangements to get a procedure or treatment abroad. We can help with nearly any condition. This includes those who are undiagnosed, misdiagnosed, or would like a second opinion.
Contact International Healthcare Providers to find out how we can help you receive a complimentary quote for immediate access for treatment at anyone of our partnered medical destination hospitals (International Healthcare Providers -preferred rates for Canadians using services abroad).